San Martin Project Update
San Martin Construction Update – April 22, 2016
- San Martin Drive closures remain in place. A flagger continues to be posted at the San Martin Center to assist motorists.
- Micropile drilling for the new bridge has been completed. Micropiles will be grouted next week, and bridge steel installation will begin the week of May 2.
- Granite and concrete curb installations at the Bowman Drive and Wyman Park Drive intersections are continuing. Concrete base has been poured for the Bowman Drive intersection.
- Excavations for the retaining wall between the new bridge and San Martin Center are complete. Retaining wall construction will continue over the next two months.
- Electricians are continuing to work their way north, near Olin Hall and north of the new bridge, with installations of lighting and associated structures.
- Work on Saturday, 4/23 will include speed bumps on Carnegie Way near Olin Hall and pothole repairs behind the ROTC building.
- A large crane for the Mudd/Levi/Bio project will be delivered on 4/23, using the Bowman Drive intersection, and W-T will have people on site to assist as necessary.