San Martin Project Update
San Martin Construction Update – May 6, 2016
- San Martin Drive closures remain in place. A flagger continues to be posted at the San Martin Center to assist motorists.
- Micropile installations for the new bridge have been completed. Bridge steel installation will begin this week.
- Granite and concrete curb installations at the Bowman Drive and Wyman Park Drive intersections are continuing. Concrete base has been poured for the Bowman Drive intersection.
- Excavations for the retaining wall between the new bridge and San Martin Center are complete. Retaining wall construction will continue over the next two months.
- Electricians are continuing to work their way north, near Olin Hall and north of the new bridge, with installations of lighting and associated structures.
- Phase 1 closures are expected to continue through the end of August. Phase 2, including the closure of the northern end of San Martin Drive will begin around September.