San Martin Project Update
San Martin Construction Update – July 8, 2016
- San Martin Drive closures remain in place. A flagger continues to be posted at the San Martin Center to assist motorists.
- Pedestrian bridge structural steel is complete and all precast concrete bridge deck planks have been placed. Bridge railing installations are scheduled to begin next week.
- Brick and asphalt sidewalk installations continue throughout the length of Phase 1.
- The sidewalk retaining wall north of the new pedestrian bridge is nearing completion, and roadway curbs in this section were completed this week.
- Pedestrian light pole installations have been completed in the Phase 1 area, with roadway light poles scheduled to be reinstalled later this month.
- Olin Hall plaza paving and landscaping should start the week of July 18.
- Phase 1 is on schedule to be completed at the end of August, 2016, with Phase 2, at the north and south ends of the project, beginning immediately after.