San Martin Project Update
San Martin Construction Update – August 4, 2016
- San Martin Drive closures remain in place. A flagger continues to be posted at the San Martin Center to assist motorists.
- Pedestrian bridge railing installations are underway and should be completed this week. Bridge deck coating will be applied next week, and bridge light poles are scheduled to be installed during the week of August 15.
- Brick and asphalt sidewalk installations will be complete this week throughout the length of Phase 1.
- The sidewalk retaining wall north of the new pedestrian bridge is complete, and railings along this wall will be installed starting next week.
- Olin Hall plaza paving is complete, and landscaping is continuing in this area.
- Landscaping is ongoing throughout the Phase 1 project area. Sod will be installed in selected areas the week of 8/8.
- Roadway milling and paving is taking place this week and will be completed by the start of next week. Some paving operations, specifically at the northern end of the project area, may continue into Saturday, 8/6.
- Phase 1 is on schedule and Phases 2 & 3, at the north and south ends of the project, are scheduled to begin immediately following the completion of Phase 1.