San Martin Project Update
San Martin Construction Update – December 20, 2016
- On Tuesday, January 3, 2017, the full length of the roadway within the project area will reopen to vehicles, allowing drivers to travel from University Parkway to Wyman Park Drive, and to continue on to Remington Avenue. See map for details.
- Also on January 3, the sidewalk on the south side of Wyman Park Drive will be opened, providing access to the campus from Remington Avenue, and the majority of the new sidewalk from the Bloomberg Center to University Parkway will be open, allowing for continuous access to and from the north side of campus.
- The sidewalk on the north side of Wyman Park Drive, in front of the Homewood Early Learning Center, will be under construction through January. Pedestrians will be able to use the new sidewalk on the south side of the street.
- The new brick gateways and curbs at the University Parkway intersection will still be under construction through February. A pedestrian route will be maintained through this intersection, and a temporary path will be installed from University Parkway to the new San Martin Drive sidewalk to allow access to campus.
- Some landscaping will be completed in Spring, 2017 to allow plantings to occur during optimal weather conditions.
- There will be brief periods when contractors will require the use of a partial travel lane. These activities will be scheduled during non-peak travel times, and flaggers will guide drivers around the work zones. Detour signs will direct pedestrians around the remaining work areas, as necessary.